Tuesday 25 September 2012

THE SAFARICOM 7S


I attended the Safaricom Sevens this past weekend. As I have mentioned time and time again, I am a HUGE rugby fan!!There were a couple of events slotted for this past weekend, but my undying love for rugby led me there!!The weather has been super sunny lately and with the African print craze going on, I wore kitenge-print shorts, a slouchy vest, and brogues for the event.I carried a denim jacket that i wore later on in the night...






I wore a lot of Kenyan colored accessories in support of my country. This event was my highest patriotic moment; I felt the undying love and loyalty for my country!
I even had the flag painted on my face. If I could, my blood and insides would probably have been the colors of the Kenyan flag even!
 the Kenyan colored bracelets...
a closer look at the shorts, the vest,the pendant and a Tusker (proudly Kenyan)


Some of the games we watched,

part of the crowd....

We went to sign up on the I am proudly Kenyan(a peace initiative movement)



So many of my friends came looking fabulous (birds of a feather)

Miss Fiona in a two-toned  dress with ruffle details…

Miss Sheila in a striped dress and denim half-coat...



These guys are the brains behind LEDIDA FASHION WEAR,  these are just some of their designs. I had spotted their style from a mile way!!
I loved the African print on the denim shirt, I loved the shoes, his pants, his hair cut, the list is endless!!

a closer look at the print on the shirt and shoes
 
check out his coat and the shoes!!




check out his coat, the fedora hat….




a closer look at the coat detail...



More friends…

check out her sunglasses her hairstyle and neck piece...



Most men wear simply, especially the rugby players, like my friend Duncan below, the fitting Kenyan jersey, with black trousers. Simple yet stylish…

Later on in the night, my favorite bands performed at the after-party, I was in AWE!!
Camp Mulla on stage...
Sauti Sol on stage...



It was a marvelous weekend, now back to school!

Have an education filled week :-D

Miss Vavavum

Xx

No comments: