Wednesday 7 January 2015

VENUS FOR YOU

As a Kenyan naturalista living, breathing, studying off YouTube and online natural hair forums, I am always on the hunt for the latest and BEST natural hair products. Meaning trolling every possible Pinterest board on natural hair, following all sorts of naturalistas  on Instagram, joining every possible natural hair forum available on Facebook- the search is real! I am even on a first name basis with majority of the hair shops around town because of constantly placing orders for new hair products. Thus I am always receptive and open to try new products and suggestions.

The good people from Venus were kind enough to send over a hamper of their new range of products to try out.  The new Beautiful essence products are created from natural ingredients suitable for African hair. These products have been formulated to cater to all types of Afro hair offering better moisturization, softness and a healthy sheen.




Over the 3 years I have been natural, I have grown particularly close to Olive oil, I swear by it for just about everything, from makeup removal, face and body oil, the list goes on and on! 


There is the Olive Oil Dual infusion treatment, whereby one can opt to wash off or leave in. I opted to leave the product on. Ah! good old trusted olive oil, my heart was at ease on seeing It as one of the ingredients. First off, It smells really good!Like bubble gum. It reminded me of sweet childhood memories full of strawberry bubble gum, now imagine that on your hair, I love yummy hair scents! For this treatment I opted to let It stay in my hair throughout the day. The treatment melts well into my 4C hair and left It feeling very soft and fluffy, like soft cotton balls. On stretching and playing with my tendrils (every naturalista’s peril) my hair length felt pretty soft from root to tip. Finger combing was such a breeze with this product (I could easily run my fingers through my hair)  My hair felt soft throughout the day and the better part of the next day. With this product, my hair felt moisturized throughout. 

As for the Olive oil hair food, It has a light texture, seamlessly  melting on my scalp as I applied It. According to all my natural hair research, the lighter the oil/hair food the better it is. This means that It doesn’t clog the pores on your scalp, thus better absorption of the product.

 


Next came the dual Moroccan Argan Oil treatment. For this treatment I opted to wash off after letting It sit in my hair for about 45 minutes. This product smells equally yummy! I was so delighted! On rinsing my hair, the product left my curls softer and bouncier than ever. I then proceeded to do twists with the Argan Oil hair food. On undoing the next day, my hair was still soft and very easy to style, It took me less than 10 minutes to style my twist outs- a new record! The Moroccan Argan oil has a light texture and oils my scalp well. This light texture enables better absorption of the oils on my scalp and does not clog the pores.

                                 
                                  

 For more details on these products check them out on Facebook :Venus For You Facebook

Miss Vavavum
Xx

No comments: