Thursday 24 April 2014

FASHION REVOLUTION DAY (KENYA)

On 24th April 2013, 1133 people were killed and over 2500 were injured when the Rana plaza factory complex collapsed in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Catastrophes in our fashion supply chains continue. Fashion revolution day says enough is enough!
This annual appointment on the anniversary will help raise awareness of the true cost of fashion, show the world and celebrate those involved in creating a more sustainable future for fashion.


In order to raise awareness within the fashion industry and beyond, we want to encourage them to continue to try and make things better. Here’s what you can do



Here's what I did, wore my clothes inside out, took a pic

 Tag the brands you are wearing,


For my case I am wearing a H&M top and a skirt from St. Micheals
I am wearing my clothes #insideout because I want to ask @H&M and @StMicheal Who made my clothes?

For more visit the Yaya Centre Nairobi, where there will be a spoken word competition, fashion discussions,fashion mapping and an exhibition, from 12.00pm to 5.00pm
For more info check out:FASHION REVOLUTION DAY KENYA

Miss Vavavum
Xx

No comments: