Sunday 14 April 2013

Anniversary!

A year ago today, I coordinated my very first fashion show for an organization I am part of. To-date, that day still remains the very best day I have had in my adult life. I got to do what I love  most; dress up, work with models and designers, styling and putting the whole event together. See some of it here http://missvavavum.blogspot.com/2013/01/happy-new-year.html. Coincidentally my birthday falls on the 14th too(July) so 14th of every month is always a special day. 
My outfit choices are largely influenced by the days' weather. Ideally, I prefer wearing vintage-style dresses/skirts on Sundays especially when attending church. The weather seemed shifty, I chose to settle for a mix of vintage and 90s grunge.(currently my favorite style picks)
I wore a mustard colored vest, blue stone-wash mom-jeans(high-waist jeans mothers are notorious for wearing, only these are more slim fit) and red pointed toe pumps(they are currently trending) 



A closer look at the mom jeans,red pumps,bag 

 I am currently in my hair transition phase(permed hair to natural) I want to lock my hair once I'm fully natural. The turban, besides being an accessory can also be useful in covering up bad hair. When searching for turbans,I prefer bold prints and color. Generally, I love to accessorize, depending on the outfit though. The jewelry must always work together with the outfit. With today's' look i preferred to just wear earrings. Again i felt this look a statement on Its own.

 See my different turbans here.http://missvavavum.blogspot.com/2012/11/of-everyday-looks-and-turbans.html

I can't have worked with models and photographers and not have picked a pose or two...



I look forward to more 'best days' in my fashion career!
Miss Vavavum
Xx

No comments: