Friday 7 October 2016

South Africa Fashion Week A/W17 DAY 2


For DAY 2 of fashion week, I wanted to try out a playful feminine outfit. I have a thing for monochrome and on this particular night, I was feeling the blues. I paired a layered flouncy top with a trumpet skirt( Carrie Bradshaw inspired, SATC movie 1) and a pair of block sandal heels. Completed the look with my malkia choker and beaded necklace.
Patted and laid down my Afro with gel , held It up in a bun. Is it just me or there is something ultra-feminine about a mid-part bun hairstyle?


A couple of designers stood out for me on this night. First was Mantsho, this collection offered quirky embroidered cuts and styles for fall. Also spotted the seasons hottest trends- cold shoulder dresses, muted color prints, flouncy cuts, top-over-dress styling and fringe detailing.


I have heard, seen, stalked Rubicon's  for a while now. I was excited to see what was in store for the coming season and everything was above expectation. The new collection- all black, featured their signature elegant and dreamy cuts and styles.



This last  showcase by Sun Goddesswas the epitome of my fashion week. The combination of predominantly tradtional jewelry with contemporary clothing designs- so very #OWNYOURCULTURE



To see the rest of the shows check out my Instagram feed @missvavavum
Miss Vavavum
Xx

No comments: