Tuesday 27 August 2013

Snippet of Nairobi Fashion Week Day 1

I have, undoubtedly had one of the most fascinating weekends in my life(fashionably speaking) I attended the very first Nairobi Fashion Week (it feels do good to say that, 10years from today, i'll be like...) anyway back to the point...First bigups to the organizers for putting the whole event together. Being in the business of events, I know what all this entails. The location was  Hilton Hotel Nairobi. Some of the fashion bloggers in attendance, from left Joy of OURSTYLEKENYA, Shitawa of MALIKIRITIS and lovely friend.


(Above from left: Nyasani, Kyle of The Lifestyle Spread and friend)



Well the opening night on Friday, was good, full attendance et al. Being me, I assumed just like most Kenyan events, It would start late, I arrived at 9 p.m, to find the show on going. I caught just two designers, here is a bit from Naomi Designs, It was good to see something other than Prints on the runway...



Ann McCreath of Kiko Romeo, presenting Kikoti a brainchild of Kiko Romeo


































Kikoti...



This line also supports the Hands Off Our Elephants campaign.

































As for myself, I went for a vintage style dress, see here photos c/o Fotogeric


































Miss Vavavum
Xx

6 comments:

Christine Sasha said...

I love your dress where did you get it?The kikoti collection is what i would wear it is more wearable than the kikoromeo brand

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE THE DRESS:)

Miss Vavavum said...

Thank you :) and I had some adjustments done to it. As for kikoti It also happens to be more affordable than Kiko Romeo.There are a some Kiko dresses I'd try for the office though

Suzanne said...

Love the dress, Love the Hair more....looking great.

Miss Vavavum said...

Thank you Suzanne!

Cheptoo Cece said...

Cheers to that vintage dress. And not forgetting Kiko's Black boots.2die4.

http://bcece-evenangle.blogspot.com