Monday 11 March 2013

Hair-story


First and foremost, WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT! and congratulations are in order to my fellow Kenyans for maintaining peace during the election period :)
Now on to the business post of the day...
It is said that hair is the woman's glory... I think i am one person who takes that statement a bit too seriously! I love my hair! regardless of whatever I do to It. It is one of the most important assets of myself. I think hairstyle,just like one's fashion style speaks volumes about a person. I have experimented a lot with hair all in the name of being adventurous.(more like my loathing for the ordinary)
In 2008/2009 I was just finishing high school, my hairstyle consisted mainly of twist braids and my own hair, worn long or just pony tails...

Early 2010 one day i just decided to put the Mohawk which was the craze back then.(I have no recollection as to what led me to this decision)

(BTW i have no affiliation with rock, then or now)
I did various Mohawk styles then i colored my hair red-maroon and eventually  did the big chop some time around July 2010, 

I kept the short hair until December of the same year, it became more of a fringe...(my little brother and I)

sometime in May 2011, I decided to do a short fringe weave, this was my first ever full head weave and i loved it!(forgive the poses, these were in back then) I loved the whole Cleopatra feel about it. This was one hairstyle i enjoyed matching outfits for.

In July 2011 to the end of the year, I reverted back to my short hair, a bowl hair cut this time. The color had changed on its own from red to this (again this pose was uber cool those days)



To give my hair a break, I opted for box braids which were a hit at the time...


In January 2012 i reverted back to my bob cut, my hair was still freshly red...
 



Later in the same year, I changed my hair cut, my front hair was thinning and fast, i opted a cut that flatters my hair more. This was sometime in July last year, It was Bruno Mars inspired...


Towards the end of last year, I opted for box braids, my hair grows really fast, it became frustrating to constantly visit the barber almost every weekend!  I now want to grow my hair, I want to have dreadlocks, It has been my ideal hairstyle ever since i first saw them. I love that It so African and not too common either. And lets not forget my favorite comfort and scape goat on bad hair days, the turbans.
I am currently in my transitioning phase(from permed hair to natural hair) , trying various hairstyle(ok just one) I will stick to protective styling like braiding and occasionally wear my natural hair. I get my hairstyle tips and inspiration from my very close friend of Beautiful African Woman Here are some of the pics, more of them on my Instagram
these are the Bantu knot out. I am also trying the minimalist make up this time :)




and as of yesterday, i  kept the bantu knots for 2 days given the whole election period, i was barely leaving the house.
Miss Vavavum
Xx


6 comments:

rayray said...

way to go josi, im really liking the articles. kudos

Anonymous said...

I think your hair looks really nice short and I couldn't help noticing your pumps I like:)

My latest post missvavavum.blogspot.com

Shokey said...

Sorry about the wrong link... http://www.ngarafashions.com/what-shokey-wore-monday-blues-of-stripes-and-pumps/

Miss Vavavum said...

thanks guys :) i appreciate

Unknown said...

i think am in love with the black

Miss Vavavum said...

thanks Lewis, i'll definitely keep it black for some time :)